Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's new at cutiepoops?

Cutiepoops has been growing by leaps and bounds lately. I've had a hard time keeping up with my orders, especially since my entire household came down with a nasty stomach bug that lasted for 5 weeks. In order to help get caught up with the growing demand for Cutiepoops I've hired my first employee this week. A friend of mine in my neighborhood named Windy has stepped up and offered her master sewing skills. She's doing a fantastic job. Windy also runs her own WAHM shop called LeBug Baby. She makes custom car seat covers and baby carrier covers. She's very talented.

In order to cover the cost of an employee I had to adjust my prices a bit. Instead of offering discounts for ordering more diapers I had to settle on one price per diaper regardless of how many are ordered. This way I didn't have to raise my diaper price. It's staying at $11.95 per diaper. I did however need to raise the price of the one size diaper to $16.95, that's a $1 increase. The one size diapers are now being sold per diaper too. The pull-ups, no frills and newborn diapers were also raised by $1 per diaper.

I will always strive to offer my diapers at affordable prices. I know that times are hard and cloth diapers are expensive (at first). I started cloth diapering my babies to save money and I haven't forgotten that is why many of you are cloth diapering as well.

I have appreciated the overwhelming support I have gotten from all you mama's over my first year in business. I feel very fortunate to have found something that I love to do that allows me to be at home with my kids while helping to support my family. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment